Thursday 13 March 2008

DIGITAL VS PEN MY THOUGHTS

Personally I have struggled to convert to drawing things digitally, I’m so used to working on paper.
I find that it takes me two or three times longer to produce work digitally than it would for me to draw. There is obvious differences in the how work looks and I’m not sure I have a preference, each method of working has its own charm. However Rhubarb and Custard for example should have been left alone, recently a new computer version has been on television. The animators have tried to recreate the colour variations that were caused by felt tip pen and not being able to maintain exact colour, unfortunately it looks like they haven’t achieved the same charm that the hand drawn version had. I think this example illustrates that pen and ink still have a place in animation.

No comments: