Tuesday 11 March 2008

ideas ideas!!!

Last year my dad passed away, since then the idea of what happens to us has been a recurring topic for me. One story I have written called Only Angela was reasonably good, but mind blowingly depressing, and I don’t really want to portray peoples passing in such a way. I really like how some cultures celebrate death, like the Mexican day of the dead.
There is so many ways to view what happens to us from reincarnation to becoming a ghost. Both have fantastic potential for great story material.
My daughter recently asked me if we are born again when we die, and I told her that some people believe we are, and I teased her saying for all you know grandpa might be your rabbit.
I see lots of mileage in story’s evolving from this theme, humorous, sad possibly even with a surrealist slant.

No comments: